Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Concentric LV Hypertrophy and Aortic Stenosis

User Profile
In recent health check up, Ecocardiography shown "concentric LV Hypertrophy and Aortic Stenosis(mild)".
If I run or talk continuously 10 minutes, I feel very tired and also feel little pain into my chest. I feel this tiredness for running or too much talking from my teen age (approx. 25 years back).
Does any doctor have any suggestion for me? How many years more I can live with this valve? Should I replace it immediately? Where I can get best treatment in south Asia, Singapore, Bankok, please mention the Hospital & Doctor name as well. What is the reason, one valve in my heart is being damaged? Could it be by born or affect of any other diseases in child hood?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 8th, 2010
Heart Disease and Heart Attack Answer A10514
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out.

Aortic stenosis in adults primarily occurs because of 3 reasons. It can be due to either a congenital bicuspid valve (normally, it is tricuspid – has 3 cusps).

This is present since birth and the progressive wear & tear of the valve can cause the problem of stenosis of the valve.

The 2nd common reason is the progressive wear and tear of the normal valve in the elderly. The 3rd reason is the rheumatic fever which commonly occurs in the childhood but the damage to the valve can occur in the adulthood.

Since, you have already developed the LVH, it means there’s significant obstruction to the flow of blood from the left ventricle.

However, patients with mild aortic stenosis do not require treatment or restriction of activity.

Patients with moderate aortic stenosis (valve area 1.5 to 1.0 square centimeters) are advised to avoid strenuous activities such as weight lifting or sprinting.

When symptoms of chest pain, syncope (loss of consciousness), or shortness of breath appear, the prognosis for patients with aortic stenosis without valve replacement surgery is poor.

I am not aware of any particular surgeon or hospital but I believe Singapore is a very good medical hub. I sincerely hope this information helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.