User Profile
I have noticed over the past few months that some old habits have come back to me. When I was about 11 years old I developed a squinting habit that went away with time. Then I started doing a high pitched humming that my dad would tell me off for but there was really nothing I could do about it.

Recently, I have developed the same symptoms-my first habit was squinting, that stopped then I started sniffing continuously and now I have started making a weird humming noise with the back of my throat. I'm really conscious of it even though I think I have hidden it quite well. It's not like I want to hum or make any of the noises, it's almost like my mind is telling me I have to do it. If I try and stop myself doing it, it's all I can think about. Is this some form of OCD or Tourettes? Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile ms_lee
|

replied December 14th, 2009
OCD humming
I do humming loud enough that people around me will tell me it disturbs them. I am 60% deaf and I thought that it was the reason I hummed. Now I am not so sure. I also suffer from compulsive excoriation or neurodermatitis.When younger i would bite my nails, I would still but I have tanquilizers which stops me from biting the nails but not the humming which is quite new!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....