Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Completely Confused and Lost. Gallbladder? Please Help.

Hello all! I hope all is well with everyone. I have been down a long bumpy road with all these symptoms I have been having for quite some time.

This has been the toughest time of my life and it is very difficult to live when I feel terrible all the time. I have been to the Hospital SO many times and been through many Doctors and have had many tests done and they still cannot pinpoint what exactly is wrong with me. It is very frustrating. My story is quite long .

My symptoms are as follows: Head Pressure/Headache/Disorientation directly after eating (worsens with carbs but also happens with fats) , I get Nausea after eating as well and worsens with fats, food sits very heavy in my stomach and I start feeling very Nauseous. I also get weak/sweaty hands/faint 1-2 hours after eating but this happens with no matter what I eat and also after a bowel movement. When I feel faint/shaky I eat again and then I get the head pressure and nausea and the cycle starts all over again. I usually am very constipated with hard stools and they are always a pale/tan/grey/yellowish color. Food always feels like its just sitting like a rock and not digesting, however Gastric Emptying Test shows normal transit time. I also have very foul breath even if I brush my teeth etc.

I cannot exercise for more than 10-15 min without getting head pressure/shaky/faint/nausea even if I eat something before.

I also have occasional right upper quadrant pain under my ribs and up through the chest on the right side. It is not severe yet but its definitely there and the pain comes and goes and seems to get keep getting worse as time goes on. Pain sometimes radiates to the left side. A couple times I have gotten a brief shooting pain up the middle of my chest.

My symptoms seem like diabetic/hypoglycemic symptoms but my Blood Sugar and Insulin levels are completely normal. Fasting Blood sugar is 77, A1C is 4.7, and OGTT did not show any high blood sugar whatsoever. Completely normal.

Cortisol is normal, Thyroid is completely normal, I had an Endoscopy that was also completely normal. I had an Upper GI (Barium Swallow) with Small Bowel Follow Through which was normal as well. I was omitted into the hospital which they monitored me for 3 days and heart rate/blood pressure was completely normal. They did a 24 Hour Urine that was completely normal. They also tested me for adrenaline secreting tumors and I did not have that either. Also tested negative for celiac. I am very low on Vitamin D even though I get plenty of sun and take a supplement.

The only thing they did find was a 3mm gallstone in my Gallbladder. They did a HIDA scan and it came back 'normal'. They did not do an ejection fraction rate.

This really seems like a digestion issue but who really knows. No one can figure it out. I have been eating a Low Carb High Fat diet for a few months now and it isn't helping. I pretty much eat no carbs. Carbs really give me a bad head pressure after eating and makes the shakiness worse so I stopped eating them. But even with eating proteins and fats I am still getting these symptoms but now I have more nausea and still have head pressure/shaking along with upper right quadrant pain.

Doctors think it could be due to the Gallstone but are not totally convinced because of the Hypoglycemic like symptoms I am having. I am having a Colonoscopy on 8/6 to rule out anything in my large intestine. Could my Gallbladder be causing issues with my food not to digest in return causing all these symptoms? I know Gallbladder Disease and Gallstones are a tricky thing and have some weird symptoms. It runs in my family, my Mom, my Grandmother, and my Grandfather have all had Gallbladder disease.

If anyone has any insight or any suggestions please feel free to share, it is GREATLY appreciated. I hope one day they figure out what it is so I can enjoy my life again and stop suffering.

I hope you all have a wonderful day
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 3rd, 2014
Gallbladder experience
I just had my gallbladder out 5 days ago. My symptoms were a lot like yours. My head was in a fog. I couldn't concentrate. I had to take several naps during the day because I was so tired all of the time. I had dull pains under my right and left ribcage. I passed out once at Pizza hut after I ate a meal. The ER said my colon was full and sent me home. I then had another spell at cracker barrel after I ate a meal. I had to sit down to keep from passing out. My Dr did an ultrasound and found stones but was not concerned about taking it out. He said the pain the left side was due to a slow colon from dieting for 2 years. About a week later, I ended up in the ER with severe gallbladder attack after eating pizza. The ER told me to get ahold of a general surgeon right away. I did. During the surgery, they found that my gallbladder was so full of stones, it had indented itself onto the liver. Causing much pain. Before the gallbladder surgery, I felt like I was dying. I couldn't work out due to feeling tired and in pain. I felt like I was toxic. Something inside me was filling me with toxins. I think you may want a second opinion.
|

replied September 9th, 2014
Do you feel better now that the gallbladder is gone? I too feel like I'm in a fog, my legs are weak and tired feeling, I work my 8 hr. shift then am dead for the rest of the day. I have 3 large gallstones (biggest is 3.5), but the surgeon won't remove it as I do not have the classic pain symptoms, but often feel pressure in the classic spots. Should I find another surgeon?
|

replied September 10th, 2014
I feel tons better. Like the old me again. I would recommend a different dr or even contact a surgeon and have the drs office fax over your test results of the ultra sound. My gallbladder ossues went on for 14 years because the drs wpuldnt take it seriously. The surgeon said there was no way it was functioning and it had fossilized itself to the liver. Def get ahold of a surgeon!!!
|

replied April 17th, 2015
My gallbldder surgery is today. My symptoms keep changing though,now I'm scared that maybe it's M.S., has anyone found out after gallbladder surgery that they had M.S.? I do have the 3 large stones , so even if it is something else I hope it' still good to have it out....
|

replied April 18th, 2015
Had my gallbladder surgery about 15 hours ago, so far it's been way better than I had imagined, especially after many of the posts I have read. I have never had a gallbladder attack, but about 13 years ago my doctor sent me for an ulrta sound of my gallbladder, because of excessive gas, my stomach would get huge, it felt like it was swaying back and forth, very uncomfortable...also alot of burping and reflux. The ultrasound showed 4 stones, doc recommended removal, said otherwise someday I'd end up in the ER having an emergency procedure to have it out. I declined, did'nt like the idea of surgery, what if it never bothered me?? Jump to now and for the past year or more I've been having unusual symptoms which doctors could not diagnose. I just kept thinking that the only thing that I knew was wrong were the stones. It has only been half a day but I think that I'm feeling better, after afew more days of rest, I think I will be better able to tell ...
|

replied April 20th, 2015
Gallbladder removed on Friday, now it's Monday. I am feeling o.k. I am still tired and abit dehydrated, so I am just taking it easy. For the most part the surgical area only hurts when I change positions, and then it's more discomfort than pain, I just move slowly. I am getting hungry, but am alittle afraid to eat anything but "safe foods", saltines, light noodle soup...haven't had a bowel movement yet, don't know if I'm constipated or if I'll have the diarrhea everyone talks about having.I'm having a moderate amount of burping and some gas but none of it is painful. Do think that I'm feeling better than before the surgery, hope to have more energy soon
|

replied April 27th, 2015
It's been 11 days since my gallbladder surgery. I do feel alittle better everyday. I was not one of those people who could have gone back to work in 3 days, it was 7 days before I felt it safe to drive. The weird feeling in my head which I could never accurately discribe seems to really be gone, I'm not getting the strange lightheadedness when I drive, I'm hoping that is cured and won't come back. I was also getting a squeezing feeling around my mid section ,it was getting worse, felt like something was going to burst...it disappeared after the surgery. That was the main symptom that had me worried I had M.S .Also a huge decrease in numbness and tingling in my hands. I've had normal bowel movement post surgery, have been eatting what I feel is safe for me, and so far so good. I see my surgeon to day for a check up....
|

replied May 4th, 2015
It's been 2 weeks since my gallbladder removal.Today I went back to work, and I felt the best I've felt while working in over a year. I think I will still need more time to be completely recovered but I'm doing well. I eat what I feel like having and sofar so good...I am still having symptoms which I had hoped would go away after the surgery, but now maybe it will be easier to get them diagnosed.
|
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....