Medical Questions > Cancer > Pancreatic Cancer Forum

common in pancreatic cancer??

Hi I am new here. doc found an enlarged lymph node between pancreas and liver had back pain,leg pain. and abdominal pain. now back pain is not as bad as before. Lymph node under arm has gotten smaller. abdominal pain has eased up also is this common in pancreatic cancer??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 19th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern.
No,its not the sole finding in pancreatic cancer.There should be obstructive jaundice before the lymph node enlarge enough to be detected radiographically.Also other signs like pruritus,lethargy,weight loss,nausea and vomiting should also be there.
The lymph node between the liver and pancreas gets enlarge with any infection or inflamatory process in duodenum.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|

replied June 26th, 2018
Experienced User
pancreatic cancer tends to be silent and painless as it grows. By the time it's large enough to cause symptoms, pancreatic cancer has generally grown outside the pancreas.

Jaundice: As pancreatic cancer blocks duct that releases bile into the intestine (common bile duct), the ingredients of bile build up in the blood. This turns the skin and the eyes yellow, a condition called jaundice. The same blockage causes dark urine, light colored stools, and itching.
|
Tags: Cancer
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn pancreas basics here: we review anatomy, how cancer spreads and different types of pancreatic cancer in this short intro....
Do doctors know what causes pancreatic cancer? Here we review causes and risk factors that may increase the likelihood of developing cancer of the pancreas....
Cancer of the pancreas do not usually manifest symptoms in its early stages. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help for pancreatic cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Pancreatic Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.