Medical Questions > Nutrition > Weight Loss Forum

combating weight gain due to medications

i have recently gained 25 unwanted pounds as a result of some medications i am on. can anyone suggest a diet plan of action that will yield results in time for the holidays?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 9th, 2011
Well, we are well passed the holiday but I can provide a little input now and hope it's beneficial.

First of all, the golden rule of dieting is to burn more calories then you consume. You can do this in two ways. Eat less and exercise more.

This is a good start to get you on the way. Of course these are very broad. There are tons of diets and exercise regimens out there. The most important thing however is to actually take action and make it happen!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....