Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Combating the effects of post viral fatique syndrome

User Profile
I have been having period like cramps for nearly 3 weeks. My period is due on the 24th. I have also been very nauseous and extremely tired. I was ill with Swine flu about 4/5 weeks ago and vomited a few times shortly after taking my pill due to taking tamiflu. I'm not sure if these are pregnancy symptoms as is so early on? and also when can i test?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 22nd, 2009
General Q and A Answer A7308
The symptoms of nausea and extreme tiredness can be due to post viral fatigue syndrome. This can make you tired and can delay your period. A diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and proteins should be taken along with a multi vitamin supplement. Eat 5-7 small regular meals every day. Drink plenty of water. Do deep breathing exercises.

The cramp-like pain can be due to acidity, inflammation of the gut, polycystic ovary, or can be the normal cramps which women face before a period. The test for pregnancy can be taken if you miss the period, even on the 24th if you miss the period.

It is difficult to comment beyond this on the internet. Take the test if the period does not come. Consult a gynecologist. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.