Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

colour change due to itching near the penis area...

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
Dear sir,
i have itching and due to that colour chnge also near the penis area but not in my penis what is this actually? what i can do for solving it?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 10th, 2012
Welcome to e health forum.

Itching and discoloration of the genital region can be due to fungal infections (Tinea Cruris, ringworm) also called Jock Itch. Other causes of genital itching can be due to allergy,skin friction Eczema, and bacterial infections.

You may consult with your doctor for a examination and undergo proper treatment for the specific conditions.

The following tips may prevent such issues from occuring:-

1. Wash your groin daily, then dry thoroughly. Drying is perhaps the most important point. (A hairdryer is useful if you have hairy groins.)

2. Change underwear daily.

3. Avoiding use of excessive force and friction during masturbation would also be helpful.

4. Avoiding soaps, and hygiene products containing synthetic or harsh chemicals.

I hope this helps.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied July 18th, 2012
mycoderm powder

ZOLE F Ointment


Candid-B cream

Fluconazole 150 mg

which is the most effective from the above ?
Did you find this post helpful?

replied January 10th, 2013
i m using ring gard but not working plz tell what other thing can i use
i cant consult a doc
for consulting i gotta tel it to my family first
and i dont want to
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: penis
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Penis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.