Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Bacterial Disorders Forum

Collumbola, lyme disease, morgallons

I have lyme disease morgallons and collumbola ive been living with this infestation since 2013 im to the point of losing my mind from insamity and wanting and praying everyday for my life to end but i hang on to that shadow of hope that one day i will be told there is a cure or a doctielr that knows how to treat and control if not eliminate this infestation i have lived with for so long i have tried everthing and running out of hope even for my own life please help if there is anyone knows of a doctor or cure thank u
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i understand your concern.The appropriate medical treatment for MD is not yet clear, but there are two main treatment approaches based on what your doctor thinks is causing the problem.

Doctors who think MD is caused by an infection may treat you with several antibiotics for a long time. This may kill the bacteria and heal the skin sores. If you have anxiety, stress, or other mental health problems, or if you develop them from coping with the MD, you may also be treated with psychiatric medications or psychotherapy.

If your doctor thinks your condition is caused by a mental health problem, you may be treated with psychiatric medications or psychotherapy alone.

Unexpectedly getting a psychiatric diagnosis when you believe you have a skin disease can be devastating. You may feel you’re not being heard or believed or that what you’re experiencing isn’t important. This can worsen your current symptoms or even lead to new ones.

To get the best treatment results, establish a long-term relationship with a doctor who takes the time to listen and is compassionate, open-minded, and trustworthy. Try to remain receptive about trying different treatments, including visiting a psychiatrist or psychotherapist if it’s recommended to assist with the symptoms of depression, anxiety, or stress that are sometimes associated with dealing with this confusing disease . Let the doctor decide what is best for you .

Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Lyme Disease
Quick Reply
Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bacterial Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.