Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
User Profile
i have woken up this morning with a tingling in my bottom lip.
as soon as i felt this i went online to find some remidies, i havent got any of the creams from the pharmacist or from the doctor so i went and had a look. i found the ice treatment and the nailpolish remover i am currently using the nail polish remover idea and i think its working but to be honesti havent got a clue.

i am seeing my boyfriend saturday and i ould like to kiss him if thats possible, also would it spread to 'other areas' on him if anything happened?

do you think the nailpolish is worth a prooper try or am i just dreaming that this is going to be gone by saturday?:/

your opinions would be of much help:)

thank you x
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2009
Supporter
Ugh I hate those--I get them when I am out in the sun too long..I honestly have never heard of the nail polish treatment..Seems like that would be like putting pure alchol on an open sore..I would use lightyh ice until you get to the phramacy..If you break a blister it will spread..good luck..It usually takes several days to be safe with a cold sore..sorry..
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2009
Supporter
i would go to the pharmacy and buy abreva. try researching herbal remedies for cold sores. i wouldnt kiss my boyfriend saturday, you might spread it.
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2009
this reover stuff seems to be working and ive got zovirax so al is good
i spoke to him and he said he doesnt care about me having a coldsore: but im still worried what it could do to him?
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2009
Supporter
if your really worried like i said dont kiss him. you can see him, hung him, kiss him on his cheek, watch tv and eat popcorn, talk, laugh...okay you get the picture.
yall can do other things also, but dont stress yourself about it too much b/c it's not that big of a deal.
|

User Profile
replied June 19th, 2009
Supporter
CurlyWirly, you do realize what a cold sore is? Herpes I can spread to genitals. Your boyfriend doesn't care? Protecting you both should be a priority. He might not care if you go south but in return it could come back and bite you in the butt. Protect yourself! Cold sore? No kissing. Finish your medicine and just be careful in the sun and tanning beds. It isnt something to be ashamed of. Just play it smart. If you continue to use nail polish make sure you keep your lips hydrated with a lemon balm.
|

User Profile
replied June 19th, 2009
Supporter
i live in the sunshine state and i went to the beach a few weeks ago and i came home and my bottom lip was tingling. so i thought....oh boy!!!!!!!
|

User Profile
replied June 20th, 2009
my coldsore has basically disappeared do u think its safe now? because it scabbed over and now the scabs gone aswell theres just a little lump

please help because its today i see my bf xxx
|

User Profile
replied June 20th, 2009
Supporter
dont do it!
i gave you great advice!
my boyfriend came over my house with a cold sore. of course he refuse to kiss me, but i just wanted to be around him.
|

User Profile
replied June 20th, 2009
Supporter
I kissed my hubby a few types on the lips with a cold sore and he has yet to catch one. not becuz i want to but becuz he wants too.
|

User Profile
replied June 20th, 2009
Supporter
When you have no signs then you are in the clear. love_pinkish, there is a big difference between husband and boyfriend. curlywirly, sweetheart you can still see him, hug him, hang out with him, hold hands, and cuddle.
|

replied June 20th, 2009
wow u guys its a cold sore........lmao//Theres other ?s on here that should b answered and noones answered mine in weeks!!! And its alot worse than a cold sore..Who would ask ?s and b worried about that
|

User Profile
replied June 20th, 2009
Supporter
lol
we can relate to her problem.
|

User Profile
replied June 20th, 2009
Supporter
So, we all want to know. Did you kiss him?
|

replied June 20th, 2009
Don't even kiss him on the cheek. You can get this anywhere on your body. Not everybody is susceptible to the virus. Fair haired and fair skinned people tend to be more susceptible than others. The sun can bring these on and stress also. I've lived with them my whole life. My dad and I were the only ones in the family that got them. We're both blonds.
|

User Profile
replied June 21st, 2009
my mum, brother and i all get them but my brother gets them worse than us.

anyway yes i did kiss him but dont worry ServiceU thats it. hugs for most of the day then hated going home:/
|

replied June 21st, 2009
well guess u didnt listen..take advice..rite ur asking for it...so take it.lmao..Id b careful..Ur still very young it looks...and theres alot of other things bsides cold sores u could catch...just use better judgement...youngen..No Rebeling against mom n dad...lol...I was there and preg very young..thankfully Im married to the man and together 11 yrs later..
|

User Profile
replied June 21st, 2009
Supporter
I have a question for you. How are you going to feel when he gets his first cold sore? Did you stop and think about that before you kissed him? I think you made a poor decision.
|

User Profile
replied June 21st, 2009
Supporter
you said you kissed him and did nothing else. when you shouldve did everything else instead of using your lips on him.
having a cold sore is like having a ringworm in a way.
|

replied June 21st, 2009
SHE HAD 2 HAVE EVERY1 TOLD HER NOT 2 DO IT..SHE MADE A POOR DICISION HOPEFULLY SHE DOESNT MAKE THOSE DECISIONS WHEN IT COMES TO HORRIBLE DISEASES U CAN CATCH AND POSSIBLY DIE FRM..B VERY CAREFUL AND START THINKING OF UR FUTURE..ITS VERY EASY TO SAY NO..DONT LET YOUR SEXUAL EMOTIONS TAKE OVER..OR NEXT TIME JUST SIMPLY RESQUEDULE IF U CANT SAY NO.
|
Quick Reply