Ok so about 2 weeks ago i got the typical coldsore, it has somewhat went away but now my whole mouth is extremly dry and iv gotten these breakouts that looks like the ones you get from a mosquito bite, they are on the side of my eyes, both elbows (forearm part) left knee and some on my fingers

is it normal for it to spread like that or is it something else ?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 1st, 2013
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The spread of the sores/breakout/rash could indicate self-inoculation (with existing infection), or any other infection. It is difficult to comment on the exact cause without examining you to determine the characteristics of the rash/breakout that you describe. Do not delay in visiting your doctor/healthcare provider for thorough evaluation to look for the exact underlying cause. Further treatment options as appropriate (based on examination findings and evaluation results) would be suggested for symptom control. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/healthcare provider and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.