Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acid Reflux Forum

Cold hands and feet happening with acid reflux/gerd??

Can gerd/acid reflux cause cold hands and feet? I have been experiencing this prior to getting my gallbladder out on 2/28/12 and even after. I do take pepcid 20 mg 2x a day and tums as needed. I also am on Colestpol for bile salt diarrhea since surgery, however still get the cold extremeties. I have stumped my current gastro. Any info would be great?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 7th, 2013
Experienced User
I've never heard of GERD causing cold hands and feet.

Cold hands and feet may be a sign of Raynaud's syndrome. Secondary Reynaud's can be attributed to many things - including autoimmune conditions.

I have talked with gastro colleagues about links between GERD and autoimmune conditons in the past - particularly when I found a few who had Sjogren's as well as Barrett's - but the reaction was it is probably just coincidental. So many people have Acid reflux, it is likley you will find others who have similar other conditions as well: it doesn't necessarily suggest a correlation.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Almost everyone experience heartburn or acid indigestion at times. But what is acid reflux and how could it cause more serious problems?...
Can you tell the difference between common heartburn symptoms and signs of more serious digestive problems? Learn when and how to take action for acid reflux....
Heartburn is common, but it is not trivial. It's important to diagnose and treat heartburn or acid reflux as early as possible. Review diagnostic procedure now...