Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Cognitive behavioural therapy

I am 17 and last year was told I have major depression and also some anxiety problems. My doctor was going to give me antidepressants but the counsellor they referred me to told him not to so he didn''t give them to me. So now I am having cognitive behavioural therapy and its doing absolutely nothing for me. What should I do? I feel so lost.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper KingPanda
|

replied April 15th, 2010
just say to your therapist that its not having the desired effects you hoped for ,as for the pills, they tried me on prozac, itdid notign good for me, other than stopping me wanting sex,(like any other teenager)and dont feel lost, the chances of them finding somethin that presses all your buttons first time are incredibly rare, nigh inexistent, all i can say is, there will definitely be people gunning for you. hang in there, if you need anybody to talk too, feel free to send me a message, if thats possible lol, im new here Very Happy
|

replied April 16th, 2010
12 steps
Find the 12 steps program from nerotic anonymous or emotions anonymous, it will help you, there should be meetings close to you.
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....