Hi, I like to ask if it is realy so bad to drink coffee on empty stomach in the morning. In last few week I drank a coffee before breakfast, and I think that I feel better more energized and I dont need coffee in the afternoon. I heard that is bad to drink coffee after food because your body cant absorbed a iron from food, so it ist better to drink it befor food ? For example half a hour before ?

For answer thank you Smile and sorry for english, it is not my mother language.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 26th, 2017
It usually does not matter and most of the issues are more of a subjective matter rather than having any physical substance in the argument.

Having anything either a fruit, medication or regular bread on a empty stomach would always get digested better and get absorbed well as the surface area for absorption of the nutrient would more more.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Coffee
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.