Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Celiac Disease Forum

coeliac disease urinary tract infections

I have recently been diagnosed with coeliac disease, however I have been having many kidney infections every 4 to 5 weeks. I have been taking many antibiotics and some just aren't working. I am getting worried can you help? is it related?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 17th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
There is no direct link to celiac disease and kidney disorders that I ma aware of, however, the immune systems of untreated and recovering celiacs are much more compromised than those of others in the population. For example, I used to get a yeast infection about every 6 weeks, but since I have been treating with a strict gluten free diet, I no longer have them. It takes time for our systems to get to normal. I hope this helps you.
|

replied March 18th, 2008
Yes it does help and thanks for that. Do you have celiac disease?
|

User Profile
replied March 18th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Yes, I have been diagnosed for 6 years now
|

replied April 15th, 2008
How do you find the diet? What was your health like before you were diagnosed with it? How long did it take for you to feel substantially better?
|

User Profile
replied May 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
The diet is fine-you just need to re-learn how to bake and cook the things you love and make them gluten free. I was very sick before I found out-frail, thin, exhausted and bowels that were sooo not right! I started to feel better in about 6 weeks, and felt recovered by about 6 months, but I never ever cheat!
|

replied February 9th, 2010
Coeliac/celiac related kidney problems
Get real.. The Kidneys are fed by the renal artery which in turn is fed by the Coeliac Trunk. the Celiac artery feeds an number of internal organs. Now ask yourself why its is called the coeliac trunk or celiac artery. ask your self if its conected can there be assciated problems?
Google it and good luck
|
Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....