Hi,

Hoping that someone can help me with a problem I have having at the moment. I started seeing a lovely guy.

He recently told me he has an incurable brain tumor, he said the type was COED and it was an unusual type that a small number of people in the world had. He is attending the neurosurgery department in hospital and having it monitored with regular MRI scans, has had 4 surgeries to have it removed but because of its location in his cerebellum at the back of his head, it cannot all be taken away due to possibly cutting into good brain tissue. He told me he suffers from seizures, has to keep his head elevated particularly at nighttime with pillows etc. and can pass out at times. Each time he has surgery, he is put on a course of steroids and has problems with sense of time.

Does anyone know what the prognosis of this type of brain tumor is ? I have tried looking it up on the internet but there are so many types, I don't know what to think.

Once he told me, he has cut contact with me and I don't know how to handle this situation and having a difficult time with it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 2nd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
I don't know if anyone on here can help you because we aren't doctors and the doctors that are here haven't examined him and so they won't even be able to guess.

I think the only way to get the information you need is to talk to his doctor, but you can only do that with his permission. Unfortunately, it sound like he's cut off contact with you to save you the pain of seeing him go through this. If you want to see him through this, you can contact him again and tell him that you want to be part of his life, no matter how long that is. He may or may not accept that. If you want to respect his wishes and let him be, that is also fine. I know things are going to be hard either way and you've both been put in an impossibly hard situation.

I wish I could help you more. My thoughts and prayers are with both of you. Best of luck.
|
Users who thank MyrahU for this post: avagardner 

replied September 3rd, 2009
Thank you so much for taking the time to write back. Its a very difficult situation and I want to do the right thing. I have tried to contact him several times but I haven't heard anything back. I can only think like you said he doesn't want to hurt me. But I would rather speak to him and try and offer my support
|
Must Read
Brain basics here - what is a tumor and how do doctors understand brain cancer? ...
What puts you at risk of developing brain cancer? Review the most common risk factors for brain cancer so that you can be informed....
Brain cancer symptoms are wide ranging and various. Look out for these common symptoms of brain cancer and learn when you should seek medical help....