I'm concerned about respiratory issues on the job. I work in valet parking in an open multi level garage. I wasn't concerned about the amount of CO2 I was inhaling because I assume they would fan out the exhaust fumes if we left the vehicles running. They don't have any system in place. The 4 sides of each level is open but it's a 100 yards in either direction for the fumes to escape to.

Me and the other attendants stand around throughout an 8 hour shift periodically inhaling fumes with 10 plus vehicles running. I didn't even think about the break dust with asbestos. There is a large opening about 30 feet away that rises upwards but other than that the fumes hit a low lying ceiling. Am I paranoid or is this a real concern. There are employees that have been doing it for years that seem fine. One day I hard trouble concentrating and felt lethargic then I thought about symptoms of CO2 poisoning. Please give your opinion.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 16th, 2016
Leave A Reply
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply