Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

close to my period lymph node gets even more swollen

First of all sorry about the english, i'm brazillian so i dont speak very well. I'm 19 years old and about 2 years ago i noticed a small lump in my right armpit i whent to the doctor and she said it was a swollen lymph node and nothing to care about. But on the last year it started to getting bigger. When im close to my period it gets even more swollen and its really sensitive and painfull when i touch it or when it rubs against my bra. Its a soft and non movable lump wich has a tender nucleos.. When i use sleevless top you can notice ir
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 18th, 2014
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The armpit swelling that you describe could be the lymph node swelling due to infection or inflammation, or due to breast tissue extension swelling. Since the swelling changes in size along with changes in your hormonal levels during menstrual cycle, it could be breast tissue responding to these changes. Do not ignore your symptoms if these are affecting daily activities. Visit your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination and evaluation and get started on treatment or get surgical excision done as appropriate (based on examination findings and evaluation results) for better symptom relief. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Take adequate rest. Drink plenty of water. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Womens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.