Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

clomid, after that and progesterone, fertilaid or vitex?

User Profile
Dear Doctor,
I am 32 years old.
I have been very regular, every 28-29 days, with my periods. I have been spotting or lightly bleeding about three days after my periods would have finished since June 21st, 2008. I feel a bit groggy and anxious and sometimes very tired during these times. The spotting would sometimes go on for 11 - 20 days. I have been pregnant but had 2 abortions before 2002 and a miscarriage in 2008. I have been on progyluton in 2008 for 6 months from august that yr. I have also been on clomid after that and progesterone as well. Did not get pregnant. I have used for two mths fertilaid and it is the only thing that stoipped that spotting. I am going to buy the vitex instead because I cannot get to but the fertilaid online and I don't get it here in Guyana, South AQmerica. Plz help me suggest reasons for my condition. All hormone tests, ultra sounds, hsgs's are normal. husband's semen analysis also good. Plz help.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 31st, 2011
Menstruation Answer A26401
Hi,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out.

These symptoms can be due to hormonal imbalance, stress, chronic illness, polycystic ovarian disease, thyroid gland disorders or diseases, pituitary gland tumors or cyst, galactorrhea, prolactinomas, fibroids etc. You should consult a gynecologist and get examined and investigated as soon as possible to know the exact cause of all these episodes.

Diagnostic tests for PCOS are 2 hr GTT (glucose tolerance test),serum androgen and testosterone levels,LH-FSH ratio,prolactin levels,TSH levels,17-hydroxyprogesterone levels and ultrasound uterus.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations, and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.