Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

clinical diagnosis urolithiasis gastritis t/c pancreatitis

User Profile
help please i have been hopitalized last jan 1 2010 suffering very painfull in my right part kidney and they ultrasound me and the finding is the liver shows a hyperecoic parechymal echo pattern with increased posterior sound attenuation and poor depiction of margins of the hemidiaphragm and walls of the portal and hepatic veins. no focal masses seen no dilated bile ducts noted no calcifications. liver surface smooth no ascites noted.
the gallblader is normal size measuring 6.3x2.7x2.4 cm with polyp measuring 0.3 cm. normal wall thickness. noted with no pericholecystic fluid collection seen. the common bile duct is normal measuring 0.3 cm the pancreas is not visualized. the spleen is normal in size and configuration with a volume of 370 cc. no focal masses and calcification. no perisplenic fluid seen. the kidneys are normal in size with the right measuring 11.0x6.1x5.0 cm and left measuring 11.0x6.2x6.3 cm with parechymal thickness of 1.4 cm and1.4 cm respectively and shows normal echo pattern. both have distincy corticomedullary junctions. there is mild hydronephrosis and hydroureter on the right dur to a calculus measuring 0.5 cm in the distal right ureter. the urinary bladder is anechoic with normal wall thicnkness.
and the conlusion is fatty liver/galbladder polyp/ right distal ureteral calculus producing mild hydroureter and hydronephrosis.
and so jan 5 2010 i went to manila for my laser surgical for my right distal ureteral
but my problem is my other doctor advise me to remove my gallbladder polyp but im afraid it might affect my health
is there any other way to remove ? it or any medice to cure it ? how critical is my condition ?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 12th, 2010
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum. I am glad to help you out.

Gallbladder polyps are growths that arise from the inner lining of the gallbladder. Polyps can be cancerous but usually they are not.

The size of a gallbladder polyp can be a useful predictor of whether it is cancerous (malignant) or noncancerous (benign).

Gallbladder polyps that are smaller than 1 centimetre are usually noncancerous and require no treatment.

However, it makes sense to do regular follow-up examinations to look for any changes in gallbladder polyp that may be an indication of cancer. This can be done using the routine abdominal ultrasound.

Treatment of larger gallbladder polyps may include surgical removal of the gallbladder (cholecystectomy).

However, I must admit that it’s very difficult to diagnose and treat online and for the same you are requested to consult your treating doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Gastritis is a general term for stomach disorder. Learn more about types of gastritis, and the anatomy of the stomach in this basic intro to gastritis....
Gastritis occurs when the stomach lining becomes irritated and inflamed. But what can cause this medical condition? Are you at risk of this stomach disorder?...
Gastritis, or stomach inflammation, can be either acute or chronic. Learn how to tell the difference and know when to seek medical help by reading here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.