Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > First Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

Clingen Vaginal tablets in 1st trimester

User Profile
I am 9 week pregnant. I noticed an yellowish vaginal discharge. My Gynac gave Clingen Vaginal tablets for 7 days. Is it safe to take this during first trimester.

Regards,
Remia

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 5th, 2014
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A48668
Hello Remia,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Yellowish discharge usually suggests bacterial infection. The medication prescribed is for treating fungal infection. Consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for a vaginal swab/smear test to identify the causative agent and get started on suitable treatment for symptoms relief based on examination findings and evaluation results. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation in the area and keep the area clean and dry. Rinse undergarments well and use antiseptic solution for the last rinse. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our First Trimester of Pregnancy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.