Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

clicking sounds when I swallow my saliva

User Profile
I had this weird thing since I was 14 y/o. Every time I swallow my saliva (of course as humans we do that)I hear a clicking sound. I don't know what it is. I should tell that I already consulted my physician and she told me that there's nothing wrong with my ears (no infection or anything). But she did advice me to go to an EENT. I didn't go since this clicking sounds don't really bother me (they're not painful, and I only here them every time I swallow my saliva). I did ask our family dentist and she told me that my wisdom tooth is already erupting. It makes sense actually since I have a small face and probably, I hear those clicking sounds since then 'cause my wisdom tooth is having a hard time erupting. Our dentist didn't really checked my oral cavity but she did ask me a few signs and then she said her thought about it. What do you think?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile 1ise8
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2010
Supporter
Do you have problems with allergies. They plague me nearly year round and I sometimes have a clicking sound when I swallow. It has something to do with being stuffed up.
If this is not an issue for you, I am at a loss.
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2010
no I'm sorry, I have skin asthma but not that kind of allergy. I hear clicking sounds every time I swallow my saliva but only that, I don't hear it every time I swallow my food or drink..
|

replied September 7th, 2013
I hear an odd clicking sound inside my ears almost every time I swallow my saliva. It occurs in either my left ear, right ear, or both. It doesn't click that much when I swallow food or drinks, but it happens once in a while. It started a few weeks ago and won't go away. It gets really annoying during school. It isn't painful, just really annoying.
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....