Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

clear-whitish fluid I think I'm pregnant.

User Profile
I'm almost 3 days late for my period which is weird because I've always had a normal period that started exactly when it was supposed to. I took a pregnancy test at home and it showed up negative but could I still be pregnant? I have had a clear-whitish fluid for a few days but not any blood at all. I did have unprotected sex the day after I got off my last period. Please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 7th, 2018
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

If you get periods on time, and had unprotected sex just a day before, then you cannot become pregnant by sex just a day before start date of your next periods. One possibility for delay in periods could be wrong date, maybe you remember the date wrong. If that is not the case, and this is the first time the periods are late, then repeat the pregnancy test and see. Preferably go for blood test. This costs almost same as a good urine test but likely to be more reliable.

Maybe you had unprotected sex during your fertile days as well or used condom that leaked. So repeat the test. Sometimes the periods delay without a visible cause. They however resume within a week. If this does not happen, please consult your healthcare provider for further guidance.

This reply to your query is just for education and counseling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit and treatment by a doctor who can examine you. Hope this helped you in making an informed decision about your health. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Pregnancy
Quick Reply
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.