Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

clear skin protruding past my fingertips

When I was cutting my nails the other day I noticed that underneath some of my nails had skin clear skin protruding past my fingertips, I don't remember ever seeing this before. It's pretty much stopping me from cutting the nail all the way to me fingertips... I'm afraid to cut it because when I touch it the skin feels very sensitive like its part of my fingertips, and I'm guessing it would be very painful to cut. I can see it very clearly on my middle, index, and ring fingers, not so much on the thumbs. What can I do to fix it?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 2nd, 2019
Hello and welcome

I appreciate your concern

The fingertips need to be examined for swelling hypertrophy or clubbing. Further management can be decided accordingly. It can be benign and may not require any further work up.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.