Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

clear jelly like discharge coming from my vagina?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
I e been having a lot of clear jelly like discharge coming from my vagina I've had tests everything's all clear , I'm quite worried because my periods are really bad to the extent I get severe back Pains and abdominal pain I want to know what it could be also my left abdominal area is hurting too

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 17th, 2012
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A39590
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Clear jelly like egg white discharge and the abdominal symptoms that you describe could indicate ovulation. If you are worried, visit your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation and assistance. Abdominal cramps during your periods/menstrual bleeding is known as dysmenorrhea and could indicate underlying problems like PID, infections, pelvic adhesions, worsening or rupture of ovarian cysts, torsion in ovarian cysts (if cysts are big), endometriosis, endometrial cyst rupture, ectopic pregnancy (if you are pregnant), etc. The exact cause can only be made out after careful evaluation. If the symptoms persist, or if they keep worsening/not improving, you should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination and further evaluation to look for the underlying cause for the symptoms and the worsening dysmenorrhea that you describe. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.