Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

CKD, 37 yo brother

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
Hi, Doctor my brother has took some tests kindly help me regarding this.

Age: 37

=> Rt. Kidney
-Parenchymal echogenicity increaseed
upto grade 2

-Cortico-medullary differentiation is poor

=> Lft. Kidney
-Parenchymal echogenicity increaseed
upto grade 2

-A small 13.3*9.2 mm simple cyst is noted at the upper pole

=> Urinary Bladder

-It is partially distended

The Creatinine serum level is 4.47,blood urea is 118, Blood urea nitrogen is 55.0,

LFT, S.G.P.T (ALT)=46
LFT, S.G.P.T (AST)=85

Protien **++
Hemoglobin **+

W.B.C/HPF 2-4
R.B.C/H.P.F 4-6
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2017
Welcome to e health forum.

Your history is suggestive of chronic kidney disease.

From the history, it seems that you may be developing Chronic kidney disease as a result of the enlarged kidney cyst and coexisting reduced kidney function.

Usually there is no reason, that people with CKD (chronic Kidney disease), undergoing proper and effective treatment cannot lead a near normal life.

The treatment of CKD depends on the underlying condition, and the presence of issues and severity of proteinuria, hypertension, etc.

Only in severe conditions, where the kidney disease is progressing rapidly, does the life expectancy is reduced.

Even in such cases, regular dialysis and procedures like renal transplantation can help to prolong life.

You might consult with your doctor and seek a proper opinion.

I hope this helps.

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kidney Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.