i was started on citalopram for stress and anxiety two months ago and since then i have had symptoms of head pain and pressure as if i have a tight band round my head and pain at the back of my skull and my scalp feels sensitive and tingling.i feel very tight in my neck and across my shoulders and the sides of my neck feel swollen like swollen lymph nodes.ive had a bit of a sore throat and a fullness in my head and as if my ears are blocked and tingling in my left hand and fingers.these are the only symptoms ive had and have all started after i began the tablets! before hand i was very hyper and very anxious and now i am quite down like zombiefied! and i have all these symtoms.anyone any ideas whether all this is a reaction to the tablets and anxiety related? or could it mean something else serious? i too am convinced that i have serious medical conditions or a brain tumour and im very worried.if anyone could give any suggestions? thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 20th, 2009
citalopram
I've taken citalopram for anxiety for over 4 years. These symptoms don't seem like anything to worry about. I'm sure you don't have a brain tumor for numerous reasons, first of all, you didn't list neausea as a symptom. Also, the headaches you're experiencing are very common with anxiety and stress. I've had similar headaches a million times. If you had a tumor, you would experience a frequent headache that would be the worst you've ever experienced. The most common side effect of citalopram is an upset stomache. Have faith, pretty much all side effects will pass within a month of taking a new drug. Hope this helps!!!
|

replied April 5th, 2009
Citalopram
I am taking Citalopram, I did experience all your list symptoms, and now all of them are gone.
you are going to be alright
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...