Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

circumcision for phimosis

I am 20 years old and have phimosis (a tight foreskin) I went to the doctors about 2 years ago to sort this out and he gave me some stretching techniques, these worked in that i was able to pul my foreskin back when flacid but not erect.
Last year i dated a guy but i couldnt stand to have him touch me down there, it felt as if he was going to rip the skin so our sexual relationship was very one sided.
Now that i am single again i went back to the doctors in the hope that i could just get a slit cut but he told me today that i need to be circumcised, i have about a month until this happens.
But i am now extremely nervous about it as all i have read is bad things. like a loss of sensitivity and such. is there any good from having it done?
I wish i didnt have to have it done but i suppose if i have never really been touched by anyone but myself then having it done would mean that other people could touch me.

I really need some answers and to hear some good.
I feel so down about this but it needs to be done to be honest.

I suppose less sensitive sex is better then sex where all i do is worry about the skin splitting right?

HELP?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 17th, 2008
Supporter
It's not as if you're not going to feel anything. Of all things, it'll probably be an all new sensation without a foreskin just becuase you've never really felt someone else stimulate you down there without some form of discomfort. I wouldn't worry about it.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....