User Profile
i dont think i have ringworm but it looks simiar i dont know what to do its a circle, no ring visable, and its purpleish blue, almost like a brouise, and it is elevated with a little bit of bumps and a little ichy any suggestions? please help i dont know what to do. if u know what rah or anything it is lemme know thatnk you(:

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2010
Skin Answer A12295
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out.

This could possibly be the fungal infection only. The rash of fungal infection typically occurs in skin folds like in the inguinal area and is purplish-red in color, raised from the skin and associated with itching.

The treatment consists of application of local anti-fungal ointments like miconazole.

Another important cause of such purplish rash is scarlet fever. In this, there’s fever and sore-throat which precedes the rash and the rash typically develops on the skin at the joints like the elbow joint.

However, fever and headache are predominant symptoms in the same.

I’ll suggest consulting a dermatologist as it is not possible to diagnose online without physical examination. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.