User Profile
Dear Dr,
About a year ago I have started feeling anxiety and stress. Specifically, having a fear of passing out (faint). My doctor suggested me to take 1 pill of cipralex (10 mg) per day for 6 months minimum.
At the time being I am on the 2nd month of the treatment and I think I am feeling much better. Although, about a week I am not having a good sleep, as I wake up in the middle of the night and having difficulty of sleeping again. This is probably a side effect. I really wonder, since I think I am feeling better, should I stop taking the pill slowly (of course) or should I continue the treatment for the 6 months, as the doctor told me? And is there any possibility of addiction to that drug?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 19th, 2010
Neurological Disorders Answer A11330
Thanks for using this forum for your questions.

Cipralex is a safe drug with very few side effects and addiction problems. These drugs increase a certain neuro hormone in brain cells that help to do away with fears.

Insomnia is sometimes a problem with this drug but as you are feeling better with the drug it may be a good idea to wait for more time and in case it persists you can meet with your physician to vary the dosage or change to another drug.

Do not alter the dosage or stop it on your own.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Neurological Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.