Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

chronic tightness/swallow/sore throat

I would love to tell you my story and see if you can give me any insight

it all started last december with a cough went to a doctor he said it was probally bronchitis and gave me antibiotics
it did not go away for 6 months

sometimes my cough produces thick white mucus/// sometimes it is green/yellow

then in june i started feeling ill i went to emergency room they said my blood pressure was high my heart rate was

high and i had a slight fever (ive never had any blood pressure or heart rate problems)

they gave me a steroid shot and a round of z-pak

o ya she also said my ear looked irritated

then i had some severe throat pains for a month

followed by extreeme dryness in my throat(i would wake with my tongue stuck to the top of my mouth)

the next symptom was tightness/fullness in front of throat that still happens persistantly

also have trouble swallowing saliva eating aint that bad if i have something to drink

so i started getting worried and booked a ent

he looked down my throat (nasal endoscaopy) said he seen a lil redness and said probaly pharyngitis/gerd

told me take prilosec 2x a day (i still take them till this day)

wasnt too happy with dx so i went to the health clinic where i work

she said my other ear looked irritated and gave me some meds for allergies i took those for a few weeks

before i left i asked her for a cbc she said ok

cbc came back as a low tsh level 0.2

so then i started thinking ok its my thyroid

i went back to my ent told him the heartburn medacine had no effect on my symptoms he said it could take 6 months to take affect

i said well i dont believe you and i demand more testing

he sent me for a ct scan

Findings:
the parotid and submandibular glands are normal. there are multiple subcentimeter lymph nodes within the neck bilaterally. the largest node is on the right and has a diameter of 9.5mm, no additional neck masses are demonstrated. the thyroid gland has a normal apperance. there is no laryngeal abnormality. mastoid air cells and the visualized sinuses are clear. normal vascular structures enhance, but there are no enhancing lesions.

impression

mild bilateral cervical adenopathy.

doctor called me and said my ct is clear

of course i didnt believe him and went and got those results

then i said ok its time for a new ent

i found a new guy and went and told him my symptoms / concerns and he thought maybe hash thyroiditis

send me for a tsh free t3 free t4 and hashimoto antibody test

and all came back normal...

i told him where i feel there problem in my throat and he thinks its my tonsils

even tho they are not swollen or red

they are normal

ive been thru so much and so much money i am broke now and am back at the starting line with no answers and still have swollen nodes in neck

i am not gonna lie i am really starting to fear cancer of some kind

but no one thinks any of it warrants a biopsy

and no has any idea what my primary problem is

i have had alot more symtoms that come and go not persistant like sore throat\glands\tighness\swallow troubles

other symptoms that have came and went

pain in back of neck

pain in lower back

ringing in ears

tingles in 2 fingers on left hand

multiple uclers in mouth and on lips

rash on chin after shaving( i have never had a rash shaving before )

head ache

red eyes

slight fatigue

and i lost 30 pounds

i know what your gonna say probally

i need to get a biopsy

but without any money any insurance and any1 willing to do it

what should i do

btw i recently went to a health fair and had my heart and valves looked at with a ultrasound and he said they looked good i told him too look at my thyroid while he was doing it he said ok and said he seen no nodules on thyroid

but said he did still see the swollen lymphnodes in my neck but dont see anything causing them

btw i also had a chest xray that seen nothing

i just want to let you know i have always been a healthy person

i am not crazy

people tell you to listen to your body it will give you suttle messages when something is wrong

well my body is yelling at me with a bullhorn that something is wrong with my immune system

i am sorry i feel like i can type so much more but i will stop because i feel as if i type too many symptoms i will confuse people

also i apologize for typing/spelling not the sharpest tool in the shed
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper odo1
|

replied June 27th, 2013
Thyroids!
Hello I hope this gets to you- I had to sign up to get your answer lol But I would definitely check the thyroids- what I strongly suggest is an ultra sound of your neck and nodules ARE NOT NORMAL no matter what anyone says. They can be very risky even benign nodules need to be removed since they can develop into thyroid cancer later. I noticed you said you had multiple nodules and that one that is more than 9 centimeters is way WAY too large. That one is probably pressing on your pipes causing swallowing and breathing issues. Does it feel like someone constantly has their hands around your neck all day long? I had that for ten years... complained for ten years and finally this year back in April it got so large I complained some more and no one would listen till I went to my son's ENT doctor and they found a tumor/nodule in my thyroid. AND important note here.... TSH bloodwork will not pick up on tumors in thyroids. My levels were all completely normal. I am awaiting biopsy results on it.
|

replied June 27th, 2013
Ty for signing up and giving me some advice..but i have had ultrasount and ct and there are no tumors on my thyroid... And the largest node is 9mn not cm no1 will biopsy that
|

replied June 27th, 2013
Ty for signing up and giving me some advice..but i have had ultrasount and ct and there are no tumors on my thyroid... And the largest node is 9mn not cm no1 will biopsy that
|

User Profile
replied June 10th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Your symptoms are consistent with anxiety disorder keeping in view your history and investigations.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gland Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.