Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sinusitis Forum

Chronic sinusitis treatments that are uncommon?

User Profile
Hi,
What are some treatments for chronic sinusitis that are less common? I have tried numerous treatments already, yet still suffer from serious symptoms, especially in cloudy weather.
Are there any treatments that I have left off that list? Something strong enough for serious symptoms?
Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 18th, 2018
The three main medical options are topical or oral steroids, antibiotics, and nasal saline irrigation. Surgical options such as Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery are resorted to if there is anatomical obstruction that needs to be removed or to use it as an adjunct for medication. There are no alternative options that have shown to be more effective than the above conventional ones.

|

User Profile
replied November 20th, 2018
Thank you, although I'm looking more for the untested treatments that could work better than the tested ones. The conventional treatments have only weak evidence, too.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you have a cold or a sinus infection? Learn the difference plus more info on different types of sinus infections (sinusitis) here....
What can cause a short-term or long-term case of sinus infection? We review both. Learn how to avoid the risk of developing an infection in this section....
What are the first signs that you have trouble with your sinuses? Learn to identify a sinus infection early ... plus know when you should seek medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sinusitis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.