Medical Questions > Womens Health > Endometriosis Forum

chronic right lower quadrant pain for the last 2 yrs.

User Profile
I am a 28 yr old female who has been experiencing what is now chronic right lower quadrant pain for the last 2 yrs. 2 yrs ago, I started having some pain in that area that came and went, but now it's constant pain. I have had a CT scan and MRI last year which showed no known cause for the pain. I have also had a number of transvaginal ultrasounds done in the last 2 years due to some cysts, which the last ultrasound about 3 months ago showed that everything was clear. I do work out intensely at the gym and thought I possibly injured myself, but that would've showed up on the CT scan or MRI. I need help to try and figure out what is causing this pain. The pain occasionally radiates down my leg but not too often. Can you please help me try and figure out what this might be? Thank you for your time in advance

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 14th, 2012
Endometriosis Answer A36015
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The cause for the chronic right lower quadrant pain that you describe would require further evaluation. Common imaging techniques can fail to detect endometriosis changes. A laparoscopic examination done is more helpful, and if endometriosis is detected, these can be removed at the same session. The presence of pelvic adhesions can also be a cause for severe symptoms and these too can be treated at time of laparoscopic evaluation. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination and investigations results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Consider being in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is endometriosis and where does it occur on a woman's body? We outline the basics of endometriosis here, a condition that can affect millions of women....
Endometriosis can cause infertility...but what are the reasons that a woman might experience this condition? And what puts you at higher risk for developing it?...
Early symptoms of endometriosis can seem normal. But when should you ask your doctor for help? We outline the problem signs and symptoms here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Endometriosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.