Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Pain Management Forum

Chronic Right Index Finger Tendonitis

User Profile
I have had tendonitis in my right index finger tendon for 4 months. It is not getting better on its own as I have to continually do tasks during the day that require me to use my hands and fingers. Because of this, the tendonitis never gets a chance to heal and I have been stuck in chronic pain. I tried ice, NSAID's, massage, rest, gentle stretching exercises, etc. It gets better only on the weekends when I have a chance to rest it over Saturday and Sunday. By Monday it is feeling better, but then I will work Monday through Friday and by Friday at the end of the day the pain is at its worst. Then, the cycle repeats over and over.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2019
It is tendonitis of the Flexor Digitorus Tendon
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....