Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Chronic Pounding Headache and Pressure

I have had a chronic pounding headache for the past 2 months straight. It literally never goes away. Along with this pounding headache i also have constant pressure in the back of my head and the front of my head. I have been to a neurologist and he did everything he could think of to try and figure out what was wrong with me. I had an MRI, had a lumbar puncture, urine sample, and every blood test you can think of and still nothing. He has tried various medications and so for absolutely nothing has helped not even in the slightest. These headaches affect my concentration and my vision. I also have trouble sleeping due to the fact my head is always pounding. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get rid of these headaches, or other tests that can be run please let me know.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 4th, 2012
I had "killer" sinus headaches that started suddenly when I was in my forties. About ten years later, around 1998? while visiting a health food store in Arizona, the manager told me "if people took MSM, they would not have sinus headaches." I bought a bottle and when I returned to Texas, I started taking them. I stopped having sinus headaches. True story! I took just 1000 mg per day for several months - can't remember exactly how long - and later started taking it for a few days only when I felt the slightest sinus headache symptom. Many months, maybe even a year passes before I feel even a twinge or hint of the headache. I am going to start taking the recommended dosage for detox and hopefully some relief from knee pain. I have never seen MSM touted for sinus headaches online, which is a shame. If you have them, you know how miserable and sick they make you feel. If you try MSM and your headaches stop, please come back to this forum and report it, as well as spreading the word in other forums, blogs, twits, etc. MSM does not stop the pain of a headache, but I stopped getting the headaches after only a few months of taking it in capsule form.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....