Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Chronic Mid back pain, docs have given up

Hi Everyone,
I am in desperate need of some help. I have been having chronic pain for almost 7 years now. The pain in pinpointed in the mid of my spine, like a square, also including the muscles around my ribs. It is now moving under my breasts, spreading still from the mid back. It hurts all of the time, with no intervention. I am currently taking tramadol for the pain, but it doesn't really help that much and I don't want to go stronger. I have had MRI's & X-Rays and nerve conduction tests, and everything came back normal.
My suspicion (that cannot b proven) is the same time this started, I had a C-section, and the anthologist took 17 times to get the medicine properly working. I have been to chiropractic's and PT before, and both hurt so bad, I wasn't sure what to do.
At first, I thought it was my posture, bc I will admit, my sitting posture is HORRIBLE. So, I worked on that, but to no avail. Also, just in case it matters, I am not thin, I weigh about 230 and I am 5'7, so that is what it is all blamed on.
I have been in SERIOUS pain for the past week, which ended in a trip to the ER, because I couldn't move without pain. I wake up and go to sleep with pain. I have been labeled everything one can b, but still no answers.
I have lately been looking at autoimmune and other such causes but could use some advice from a doc. What should/can I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 15th, 2013
Active User, very eHealthy
what do you mean your sitting posture is horrible?
|

replied June 17th, 2013
Active User, very eHealthy
Quote:
The pain in pinpointed in the mid of my spine,

And you probably cannot reach straight up over head. Overhead reaching will decompress this part of your back.
Two exercises would be:
"Steeple stretch"
and
"Holding a small globe stretch"
|

User Profile
replied June 25th, 2013
According to a recent report, pain is experienced uniquely by individuals and that treatment often requires a combination of therapies and techniques.
|
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...