Hello,
First time user.. My problem involves severe brain damage and then being placed on an anti psychotic drug.. I did have info on 2 drug studies as well as 1 umm (something, maybe med journal), stating do not place some one who had brain damage on the drug, due to high percentages of peps developing sleep probs... (Chronic insomnia, which I now have, and have lived through for roughly 8 year and counting..)
The info I had was covered up...
Maybe this site can help me identify the drug I was placed on or even better get help sleeping?? Been awake for about 6 weeks now with little sleep, each actual sleep occurrence being minimal...
Apparently the drug im looking for is a specific one off paliperidone... I presume I cant find the drug studies I once had because off the general name, and not the specific name I wrote off a needle or the packaging..
According to a doc, its possibly the worst case of medical mal practice, and gov cover ups he has seen.. Hence why I rarely sleep..
I messaged a Doc here I think?? (When signing up for help??) But I thought id post any way...
I hope your insight may help me in one way or another?? (Again, thought id make a post....)
Scott
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 11th, 2017
Active User, very eHealthy
Hi, considering your history your best answer on this will come from your doc, so suggest continuing to pursue that. Regarding the drug, you might also contact the pharmacy where you obtained it.
|

User Profile
replied December 15th, 2017
That sounds so miserable I'm so sorry you have to deal with that.
|

replied January 2nd, 2018
Experienced User
Insomnia also varies in how long it lasts and how often it occurs. It can be short-term (acute insomnia) or can last a long time (chronic insomnia). It can also come and go, with periods of time when a person has no sleep problems. Acute insomnia can last from one night to a few weeks. Insomnia is called chronic when a person has insomnia at least three nights a week for a month or longer.
|

replied January 25th, 2018
Experienced User
* Insomnia commonly leads to daytime sleepiness, lethargy,
and a general feeling of being unwell, both mentally and physically. Mood swings, irritability, and anxiety are common associated symptoms.
* Often, insomnia is due to a secondary cause, such as illness or lifestyle.
* Causes of insomnia include psychological factors, medications, and hormone levels.
* Treatments for insomnia can be medical or behavioral.

Remedies

1. One way may be by the body-heating effects of exercise, especially when performed in the afternoon or later. Exercise triggers an increase in body temperature, and the post-exercise drop in temperature may promote falling asleep. Exercise may also reduce insomnia by decreasing arousal, anxiety and depressive symptoms.
2. Skipping junk food and eating right food is crucial.Many foods contain naturally occurring substances that bring on sleep; here are some of the best choices to help you settle down for a quality rest.
3. Almonds.
4. Cheese and crackers.
5. Lettuce.
6. Pretzels.
7. Tuna.
8. Rice.
9. Cherry Juice etc
10. Essential oil for sleep is blend of all soothing and fragrant oils and it's specific property to clam the mind & put it at rest. These essential oils induce a state of rest for the brain activity and they sweet smell keeps the mind from running wild with non stop thoughts. You can use the oil by adding it to a diffuser 30 minutes prior to sleep or rub a few drops on your pillow.
|

Experienced User
Chronic Insomnia
and a general feeling of being unwell, both mentally and physically. Mood swings, irritability, and anxiety are common associated symptoms.
* Causes of insomnia include psychological factors, medications, and hormone levels.

Remedies

1. One way may be by the body-heating effects of exercise, especially when performed in the afternoon or later. Exercise triggers an increase in body temperature, and the post-exercise drop in temperature may promote falling asleep. Exercise may also reduce insomnia by decreasing arousal, anxiety and depressive symptoms.
2. Skipping junk food and eating right food is crucial.Many foods contain naturally occurring substances that bring on sleep; here are some of the best choices to help you settle down for a quality rest.
3. Almonds.
4. Cheese and crackers.
5. Lettuce.
6. Pretzels.
7. Tuna.
8. Rice.
9. Cherry Juice etc
10. Essential oil for sleep is blend of all soothing and fragrant oils and it's specific property to clam the mind & put it at rest. These essential oils induce a state of rest for the brain activity and they sweet smell keeps the mind from running wild with non stop thoughts. You can use the oil by adding it to a diffuser 30 minutes prior to sleep or rub a few drops on your pillow.
|

Experienced User

Remedies

3. Almonds.
4. Cheese and crackers.
5. Lettuce.
6. Pretzels.
7. Tuna.
8. Rice.
9. Cherry Juice etc
|

Experienced User

Remedies

3. Almonds.
4. Cheese and crackers.
5. Lettuce.
6. Pretzels.
7. Tuna.
8. Rice.
9. Cherry Juice etc
|
Quick Reply