Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Pancreas Disorders Forum

Chronic Idiopathic Pancreatitis? Maybe not...

So my wife has been dealing for years with upper abdominal pain radiating to her back. It started after her gall bladder was removed during pregnancy and come back right at the 6month of pregnancy for all three of our children. Now it comes and goes several times a year. Her GI doc told her to take a supplement called SAM-e which has been helping a lot. However, she still has flare-ups about 2 times per year. The problem is that the pain seems to be classic pancreatitic pain but her enzymes are always normal or only slightly elevated. The GI doc thinks it may not be the pancreas. We are stumped and wish we could figure out what is going on. Anyone else have a similar experience?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 27th, 2013
Yes me!!! I've had upper abdominal pain for 3 yrs now. Last month told me I have pacreatic divism. I've had pain since November but my enzymes are normal. Been offered a stent but I am not sure that's the problem. Did your wife get any further with her issues?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Gastritis is a general term for stomach disorder. Learn more about types of gastritis, and the anatomy of the stomach in this basic intro to gastritis....
Gastritis occurs when the stomach lining becomes irritated and inflamed. But what can cause this medical condition? Are you at risk of this stomach disorder?...
Gastritis, or stomach inflammation, can be either acute or chronic. Learn how to tell the difference and know when to seek medical help by reading here....