Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Immune Disorders Forum

Chronic hives and a complicated medical history

One month ago ( around the time that I stopped nursing my 10-month-old) I started getting random lip swelling. From there it turned into itchy hives all over my body. I got a lot of blood work done for my allergist and immunologist everything came back normal but my CU index (chronic urticaria) was slightly elevated suggesting it's autoimmune response. He tested for a large variety of autoimmune disorders. The doctor is treating my symptoms with Zantac, Zyrtec, and Singulair. I still wake up to hives every morning. And do not get any new ones during the day. I want to solve the problem at the source. Can anyone help me?

Here's a little of my medical history:

- I'm a 30-year-old white female
- I've had asthmatic whole life - but it's very mild now
- 15 years ago I had lip swelling that ended up going away ( we thought it was an allergic reaction to strawberries, but my recent blood work shows that I'm not allergic to strawberries)
- was pregnant last year
- gave birth 10 weeks early due to severe preeclampsia and hellp syndrome
- six months after that I developed thyroiditis resulting in hyperthyroidism. It balanced out and now my blood work has been normal. I have a family history of thyroid issues.
- i've had several (3-4) yeast infections over the last year
- not sure it's worth mentioning, I have a new patch of skin on my right hand that is a darker pigment. Came out of no where.

Thanks in advance for your time!
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....