Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Chronic Heel Pain After Fibula Repair (Distal)

I had a complete distal fibula break right below my ankle on 9/14/13- had surgery to repair- plates and screws. While wearing a hard cast I developed a pressure ulcer on bottom of my foot-right below my pinky toe on the bony prominence- it was so painful my husband had to cut the cast off at home- since then, that area has been hypersensitive and have developed a small hard marble like area on bottom of my foot. While that area is bothersome, it is actually my heel that is causing most of my chronic pain now. The very back bottom of my heel stays beet red all the way up the back of my heel going up the backside of my Achilles about an inch up...it aches & burns all the time and I can't stay on my feet for very long. The actual area that was operated on is fine, but my heel is not. The surgeon blew me off the last time I was in his office. I don't know if the area where the pressure ulcer is (was) is related to my heel pain or not? What is causing this? My surgery was on 9/19/13 it is now Jan2014. Any ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 22nd, 2014
Community Volunteer
Hi PennyG...If this was me I would see another surgeon or Orthopedist...I think we know when we are in pain and something isn't right...Good luck...

Caroline...
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....