Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Chronic headache: What kind of doctor should I see?

I have had a constant headache for about the last year. Mild to moderate pain, more often mild than moderate. When mild, the pain is only a dull sort of rigid, throbbing, when moderate, the pain is more stabbing. The headache interferes with my sleeping. Small noises can easily wake up me, like the sound of rain falling on my roof or a door closing in the apartment over. I frequently wake up feeling tired and have difficulty concentrating on tasks during the day. "Attacks" of moderate pain seem to be triggered by stressful events, astringent foods, and sometimes alcohol. Pain mostly focused around the eyes, sinuses, and the sides and back of the skull. What type of doctor should I go see about this?
Did you find this post helpful?
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....