On and off for some time now I have occasionally experienced mild nausea after eating. I have not identified particular food groups, although a cappuccino can sometimes, but not always, spark this off. I have a fairly low fat diet anyway, having familial hypercholesteremia. About three months ago, on a local holiday, I ate moussaka and, several hours later, vomited twice after protracted nausea and abdominal discomfort. Last week, I developed nausea and upper right abdominal discomfort (which I wouldn't described as pain, more a sense of being poked and a little sore). I also had mild diarrhoea. I did not want food subsequently and ate very little for the past seven days. Today I felt better and went out for a cappuccino. An hour later I had diarrhoea again but feel otherwise OK. I know I have gallstones as they have been previously diagnosed and seen on ultrasound. Are my symptoms consistent with a chronic gallbladder inflammation? I read that people experience excruciating pain, which I haven't; mostly just nausea, belching and pain in the area of the gallbladder which is sometimes made worse by my moving around. I am 60 and female. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 31st, 2011
Especially eHealthy
Toprabbit,

It is possible that your symptoms are coming from the gallbladder. You do have stones. Stones, themselves, are not really the problem. It is when they move and block the ducts.

It may be that your disease process has not yet reach the very painful stage, that you are in the early stages.

You might want to speak to your physician about your symptoms.

Good luck.
|

User Profile
replied January 3rd, 2012
Experienced User
I agree with Gaelic about seeing your physician about the symptoms.

Also though caffeinated drinks will make it worse as well as high sodium foods, your liver needs to break down everything and if you're gall bladder has stones or is being blocked it'll cause your liver to become over run with bile which will also make your feel ill and cause diarrhea along with jaundice and pain in that part of the abdomen. Please go see your physician and tell them your symptoms they may be able to break down the gallstones with ultrasonic waves which may allow them to pass through your body.

Hope this helps & Good Luck
|
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....