Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Chronic functional abdominal pain

I have not experienced relief of pain for over a year. The pain is all around my stomach, an it feels like a spiked glove is squeezing my insides. I have gone through multiple tests, and have even more lined up. No treatment or medication relieves me, and any physical activity will agitate my stomach. I cannot regularly attend school, and dot even have enough concentration to do work at home. It takes me hours to fall asleep and during the day I have often attempted to dream away the entire day.
I meditate, relax myself, and walk at least 30 minutes a day.

Is there engine who is experiencing this kind of unrelenting pain? Is there anyone with advice on how to deal with this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 9th, 2014
How frustrating! I hope you have found an answer by now. But if not I had a similar experience where my pain was undiagnosed and consistent for 4 years. I finally went to a cardiologist who diagnosed me with POTS syndrome. I am so thankful to finally have a diagnosis and to be working on recovery.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...