Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Chronic Fatique Syndrome and Neurasthenia symptoms

User Profile
Since Dec 07, I have been feeling fatigue on a daily basis, accompanied by dizziness. A good night's sleep only keeps me awake and refreshed for about 2 hours in the morning since waking up. From 3 monthly ago I have tingling and pins and needling feeling constantly in my arms, legs, hands and feet. Sometimes on my chest, neck and cheeks too.The musles in my arms and legs are feeling tired too for no reason. My blood tests came back all cleared, including iron, bloody sugar, calcium, livers, kidney and thyroids. My heart has been tested as well, and there is no problem with it. What's could be wrong with me? Could it be something to do with my nervous system? Or could it be Chronic Fatigue Syndom? Your help is much appreciated!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 2nd, 2008
Anxiety and Stress Answer A3834
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is defined as severe fatigue that lasts for more than 6 months combined with at least 4 of these additional symptoms: headaches; tender lymph nodes; sore throat; muscle pain; pain or aches in several joints without swelling or redness; not being able to concentrate, focus, or remember; feeling tired even if sleeping; feeling discomfort or "out-of-sorts" after physical exertion. In your case fatigue lasts 3 months and you have only 2 additional symptoms (tiredness and sleepiness). So, it is unlikely that you have CFS.
According to your age, symptoms (fatigue, sleepiness, tingling sensations all over the body and all normal laboratory results ) indicate you could possibly be experiencing neurasthenia (a kind of neurotic disorder).

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.