User Profile
Hello. I am feeling that I am being overmedicated. I have tried to express these concerns to my psychiatrist, but he doesn't really want me to change my medicines unless I feel it is really necessary. I have been on the same medicines since December of 2017. I don't really know why, but I seem to experience a significant amount of fatigue on anything that I take for OCD and/or ADHD, yet going without "needed" mental health medicines is just as hard as dealing with chronic fatigue. I am not sure if it is worth it to keep deliberately taking things that are making me tired, yet it also is not feasible to just leave my symptoms untreated, so I feel really trapped and lost in this process. My psychiatrist and therapist are not helping very much, so I really don't know what to do and feel quite hopeless.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 6th, 2018
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Answer A64433
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!
I read your question and I understand your concern.
Drugs remain the same for these psychiatric conditions because duration of optimal therapy is atleast
2 years.I would suggest you to have cognitive behavioural therapy sessions to cope up with side effects.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is chronic fatigue syndrome? We outline the medical definition and different types of CFS in this intro section....
What causes chronic fatigue? And who does it affect? We outline the main factors doctors think contribute to CFS in this section....
Symptoms of chronic fatigue are also common to other disorders. Learn to identify CFS symptoms and when to seek medical help here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chronic Fatigue Syndrome , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.