So I'm a 28 year old guy. I've always had blockage in my ears, having to go to get them irrigated at least 2 times a year, sometimes more, ever since I was 13. I guess I should mention that at around 18 I started developing Tinnitus, though it was never diagnosed because a few ENTs I went to said there was no hearing loss so there was nothing they could do. I should probably also mention that I've been diagnosed with Graves disease (an Autoimmune disease) 2 years ago. They gave me Radioactive Iodine because I was allergic to all the medication for it.

So. Starting in August this year I went back to the doctor to get my ears irrigated and the left one was also hurting so he gave me the ear drop antibiotics. I took them for 10 days as instructed and it went away. Exactly 1 month later, my left ear was blocked again and hurting and I had a little more in my right. He gave me the drops again, took them for another 10 days and it was fine. Went back to a different doctor since I was out of state October 1st for another blockage and hurting.
And last Saturday I went back again. This time, the pain went away, but my hearing hadn't returned. I can hear somewhat, but much like sticking your finger in your ear. I went to bed that night and next morning ear wax was crusted up on my outer ear and the pain is again back.

I made an appointment for an ENT but they can't see me until 2 weeks from now. I've dealt with this pain for so long now I can not stand it anymore. I don't care about the not hearing, except that the tinnitus is 50 times worse when I can't hear, but this pain is too much. What can I do to make it go away until then?

While we're at it I'd just like to know, what could possibly be going on to be causing all of this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....