I have been diagnosed with chronic bladder infection.I hurt all the time and have bee for the past 3 months.I'm taking a all natural medicine.What kind I do to ease the pain.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 10th, 2010
Hi,

Welcome to the ehealthforum. I am glad to help you out. Your concern is regarding the chronic bladder infection that you are having, Well, there can be many causes of chronic bladder infections including kidney or bladder stones, bacteria entering the urethra during sexual intercourse, abnormal urinary tract shape or function, changes in the estrogen levels during menopause and sometimes genetic causes. Apart from antibiotics which have to be taken for long terms, you need to drink plenty and plenty of fluids. Drink cranberry juice and wipe the bottom after defecation from front to back. Also avoid any deodorant sprays or feminine products around the area and use mild soaps and water for washing. Also try to empty your bladder as soon as possible after intercourse.

If the symptoms still persist then you may need a longer course of antibiotics. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Urinary and Bladder Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.