Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I have been plagued with the problem of chronic belching for about a year. I have a colonoscopy, endoscopy, upper and lower GI. All returned negative, with the exception of h-pylori. After taking antibiotics for about a month, this did not cure the problem, even though my test for h-pylori returned fine.

My main problem is that when I sleep at night. When I sleep on my left side, I can't control the belching. It feels like my heart is filled with lots of air. However, when I turn on my right side I'm fine until I awake and arise the next morning.

I don't know what else to do. I've had cleansing. I've fasted for weeks with juices and water only. Nothing works.

What does this sound like to you?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 13th, 2009
Sorry I don't have a solution, but I've been having this exact problem for two years now. I've tried a few over the counter medicines but have not had any results. My doctor doesn't take me seriously at all, telling me "belching is normal, everyone does it", even after explaining this happens over and over hours on end. If you come to any conclusion, please pm me!, I'll be on the lookout aswell. Also, just to point out, many people recommend charcoal tablets but they do not help this problem at all. Good luck!
|

replied September 29th, 2011
Non stop belching
I have been having these same symptoms for about three years. I have also gone through all the sane test with everything coming back normal. The only difference is the air build up with the belching sometimes leads to getting sick. Good luck!
|

replied July 23rd, 2013
Chronic Belching
My husband has this same belching. I have often thought it was associated with his cholesterol meds. He has been taking Zocor for 15+ years. These types of drugs do effect muscles and perhaps stomach muscles???? Have any of you taken these drugs?
|