Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hypoglycemia Forum

Chromium for reactive Hypoglycemia?

Hello,
My name is Raia, and I was diagnosed with Reactive Hypoglycemia about a week ago. Since then I have been searching extensively for solutions in diet to deal with this condition. One thing I have read more than once is that extra chromium is beneficial for hypoglycemia (ie. chromium rich Brewers Yeast). Yet, I have also read facts about chromium that negate this. Such as "Patients who received chromium-enhanced brewer's yeast showed sharply lower blood glucose levels, as well as sharply reduced total cholesterol and low-density lipoproteins, the so-called "bad" cholesterol." Key words there are "sharply lower blood glucose levels". How can something that lowers blood glucose be good for Hypoglycemia. Anyone have an answer to this??
Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 16th, 2012
bump.
|

replied October 16th, 2012
bump.
|

replied December 3rd, 2012
Just FYI I am hypoglycemic (not pre diabetes) and I am going to be starting Chromium in a week I will give you an update on my status.

The reasoning to me trying is that I have read more trials which has shown chromium is beneficial for hypoglycemics vs the latter end. So I am going to give it a whirl. From my understanding it helps the body to better manage where your sugar/glucose/insulin is to be designated to go. My glucose does not go beyond 100 even after I eat a meal so I am looking to make sure my sugars are being directed to the proper place.

I'll keep you posted in two weeks with the results. Smile
|

replied January 6th, 2013
Chromium helps "regulate" blood sugar
Chromium helps regulate blood sugar. not lower it per say (it can be dangerous though if you are taking medication that lowers blood Glucose because in the act of regulating blood glucose Chromium could lower it. That combined with medicine that lowers it also would be dangerous,
|

replied January 6th, 2013
I have found methylB12 normalizes blood sugar, bad cholesterol (triglycerides), assists in liver function and helps to reduce white matter for TIAs. I would highly recommend it. The methylb12 quickly absorbs into the system because your body does not need to convert it to the usable form - it is already a usable form.
|

replied January 24th, 2013
@Pretty_Britty - So did Chromium help to regulate your hypoglcemia?

I have had a sudden onset of reactive hypoglycemia. I have most of the symptoms of hypoglycemia. My doc doesn't agree that I could be since my fasting blood sugar is 71. I have been researching this all week and getting pretty anxious how to reverse it.
|
Quick Reply