Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

Cholinergic Urticaria debilitating ?

I have had CU for about 2 years, i'm 17.

Now i'm having alot of trouble finding a job as it is, if i don't get a job my mother's boyfriend will kick me out of the house.

The problem is i can't find a good enough solution for CU to keep it from flaring up during activity.

I am almost certain if i get a job i will be suffering from CU all day. The problem is for me it can causes nausea and headaches, Shortness of breath, and painful needly-feeling itchiness. It's nearly impossible to even focus. The allergist i spoke with says since it isn't life threatening, i should be fine to work with symptoms, but i find that i can't do that, it is far too debilitating for me.

Has anyone else had a problem like this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 25th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Welcome to EHEALTH forum!
Do you take drug treatment on regular basis for protective effect?
Have you been diagnosed with asthma, too?
|

replied August 30th, 2008
Yes i take Fexofenadine and Ranitidine (Acid Reliever)

I do not have asthma
|

User Profile
replied September 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I asked you about having asthma, cause it is well known that people having cholinergic urticaria, usually have asthma, too.
Acctually, asthma can be triggered with an urticaria attack.
Patients who are more severely affected with cholinergic urticaria may experience systemic symptomatology, such as fainting, abdominal cramping, diarrhea, nausea, salivation, and headaches (I guess that's your case, because your have more symptoms, not just the rush and prickling skin sensation)
Nausea, can be experienced as a side effect of using Fexofenadine, too.
If you continue to have symptoms that impair with your ability to function, despite treatment with high doses of antihistamines (your doctor can increase the dosage), talk with your doctor about prescribing other drugs, like danazol.

Best wishes!
Marija
|
Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....