User Profile
Hi I am diagnosed with hyperlipidemia. I also have elevated triglycerides. My blood pressure has been running high. The question I have today is if there are certain medicines I could use to lower my cholesterol without causing too many side effects? My doctor said he would like to avoid some if we could, but even with some weight loss, I still have high cholesterol.

I read that Androgel testosterone gel can increase my cholesterol levels or cause lipid imbalances. Is this something I should be concerned about with my hyperlipidemia?

My labs were done at a private health clinic I visited. I am not sure how to access the exact labs I had done, but it was found by a dermatologist.

I also have a low IGF-1, but I have no idea what that means. If I remember it was something about allergies that may have done something to affect that?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 18th, 2019
Cholesterol Answer A64876
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!
I read your question and I understand your concern.
You shouldn't be much concerned about it because you have no clinical symptoms of cardiovascular or atherosclerosis. You are non diabetic and have no history of stroke. Fibrous sachets can help in lowering cholesterol.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know the difference between good and bad cholesterol? When does cholesterol pose a threat to your health? More info here....
High levels of bad cholesterol in the blood can increase your risk of heart disease. So how do you know if you're experiencing high cholesterol, or not? ...
Who should request cholesterol testing? And how often? Learn how to check your cholesterol levels and what the optimum cholesterol levels are....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cholesterol , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.